LIANG JING 梁靜
Born in 1959, Liang Jing studied at Luxun Academy of Fine Arts in China. Prior to his re-entry to becoming a professional painter, Liang Jing had a successful career in construction business. In 2007, he decided to pursue his true love in art and had relocated to Songzhuang, Beijing where his studio is located. Art historian and critic Dr. Natalia Fang comments on Liang’s works:
“Upon closer study, you see unexpected twists and changes in Liang Jing’s brushstrokes that turn his paintings into a force of nature, compelling and inexorable. When writing about nature, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the great figure of the “Sturm und Drang” movement, spoke of its dark, absurd, chaotic, and incomprehensible qualities. Jean-Jacques Rousseau – himself a figurehead of the age of Enlightenment -- echoes a similar sentiment and once wrote about how much fear he experienced when finding himself in the depths of nature. In Jing Liang’s works, we can see a visual and romantic realization of the sensibilities of the two authors. Liang’s works are a metamorphosis of nature -- teeming with reflections, imagination and strength of spirit.”
At the invitation of Global Art Affairs Foundation (GAA”) and European Cultural Center, Liang Jing held a solo exhibition at the 2017 Venice Biennale at Palazzo Bembo. Global Art Affairs Foundation and European Cultural Center are the official curatorial organizations of Venice Biennale. The 2017 Venice Biennale opened on May 13, 2017 and ran through November 26, 2017.
Key Artwork Series
- 2017 【Space – Not Now】Series
- 2017 【Black Void】Series
- 2016 【Black & White】Series
- 2016 【Freedom】Series
- 2016 【Space】Series
- 2012 – 2015 【Broom】Series
- 2012 – 2013 【Memories】Series
Selective Solo Exhibition History
- 2018 【Space – Not Now】, Art Wynwood, Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
- 2018 Special Exhibition – Double Solo, Rhythm Gallery, Taipei / San-Xi Art Gallery, Zhongli, Taiwan
- 2017 Solo Exhibition “Black Void”, HG Contemporary Art Center, Flushing, New York, U.S.A.
- 2017 Solo Exhibition “Black Void”, Art Formosa, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2017 “Personal Structure --- Time, Space & Existence”, Venice Biennale, Palazzo Bembo, Venice, Italy
- 2016 “What Is Not Art” International Tour II, SanXi Art Gallery, Taoyuan, Taiwan
- 2015 “What is Not Art” International Tour I, Hwang Gallery, Flushing, New York, U.S.A.
- 2014 “Dusting”, Menjiao Museum of Fine Arts, Beijing, China